Original Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2022
View Session Recording Here
Join this 2- hour session and learn about novel approaches to care for patients with cystic fibrosis in the outpatient arena.
We will explore ways to promote population health via a pharmacy-driven immunization care process model, examine how to help patients with feeding issues by integrating a feeding therapist into outpatient clinic flow, highlight the role of a CF nurse practitioner has been able to develop novel clinics such as CF Feeding Therapy and CF Endocrinology, and how to integrate a dedicated CF Endocrinologist in an CF clinic.
By the end of this session, you will have new tools to envision new and more effective ways to collaborate with your team and your patients.
By the end of this session the attendee will be able to:
- Understand how to implement pharmacy-driven immunizations.
- Identify strategies to utilize a dedicated feeding therapist with CF patients.
- List the roles of a dedicated CF nurse practitioner in the implementation of novel services in outpatient CF care
- Identify the interventions made by a dedicated CF Endocrinologist in the care of patients with CF-related diabetes
Tips for Better Video Conferencing:
- For the best lighting, make sure that your largest light source (preferably natural light) is directly in front of you or no more than 45 degrees from you.
- If possible, try to make sure your camera is at eye-level.
- Even in a quiet environment, your headphones might have better audio quality than your computer/laptop.
- Too many open apps will slow down your computer while you are on a video call. Consider taking some time to save your work and close any apps or programs you will not need.
- Make sure to have your laptop fully charged or plugged in during the webinar to prevent your device from shutting down unexpectedly.